Hello folks. If you just frequent the wiki and don't come on the discord (you should, by the way) there's a few things to know, as the news section here hasn't been updated for a while. This information comes from the game's discord, including various game developers, contributors and Kendrian himself. I am from neither of the groups I mentioned, simply a fellow who asked a few questions and happens to be both here and on discord
Here is the future for Didnapper:
- Latest blog update: There will be two more versions; a big version for early February, and a final version with everything not included in this next version.
- Update from Star: The game will be finished before summer.
- Mission suggestions are moot, as the storyline for the rest of the game is written.
- Near the end of the month, a closed beta will be opened for the next big update; 1.7 proper. Demo time nears its end, and we'll be seeing the good stuff - including most of what is missing from 1.6 in updated form (side missions are a different matter).
- If you aren't in the beta, oh well - in February chances are you'll see the 1.7 full update anyways once the OB goes out to the public. Either way, big update coming soon.
- In the abovementioned update, expect missions 7-8, practice fights and more goodies. If you were a fond of the jungle mission from 1.6, you're in luck - it's becoming a full blown mission. You'll actually be able to go to Florian as well.
- Suki will get scared at some point in the game's near future. Don't ask me what that means, I just heard Kendrian mutter that part in his sleep... hey... why are you looking at me like that?
- The wiki will likely stay outdated for a while, at least until the game is fully launched. Kendrian doesn't suggest doing much with the wiki right now.
- I get the gist that while smaller suggestions and tweaks may be considered, the game is far enough along that major implementations or changes will likely not see release. Updated segment: The next game will be picked from community input. A detective game is on the table, but it'll ultimately be up to a vote if I understand correctly.
- Once release is out, it is unlikely you'll see any major updates to it again, though Kendrian has stated he might do small updates once in a while.
- If you're waiting for the game to be finished before playing, kudos and yes, you'll have to wait a bit longer, as I am fairly certain there will be more large updates - just not many more.
Anything else you need to know, hop onto the discord or leave a comment and if I don't know the answer, I'll grab it for ya.